Bail Bonds Berkeley Lake, GA

Call (770) 995-2599 Now!

We provide bail bonds to all of Lake Berkeley, GA in Gwinnett County. If you are looking to for immediate release from experienced bail bondsman then call us now.

The City of Berkeley Lake operates as a mayor / council form of government with a city administrator. The mayor and five council members are elected officials who receive a modest stipend for their services. A full-time city administrator serves at the pleasure of mayor and council and is responsible for carrying out their policy directives and managing the day-to-day operations of the city.

Regular council meetings are typically held on the third Thursday of each month.

Public notices appear in the Gwinnett Daily Post newspaper.

The majority of lands in the city limits (the 700-acre Berkeley Lake Properties) was developed by Frank Coggins in the late 1940s. The dam, constructed in 1948, is one of the largest earthen dams in the state. The city’s namesake, Lake Berkeley (88 acres), was named after Mr. Coggins’ Berkeley Blue Granite Quarries in Elberton, Georgia. In 1950, the Berkeley Lake Estates “subdivision,” which included five reserved Free Pass and Repass tracts (FPR) and the residential and fishing lots around the lake, was laid out. In 1952, Calvin and Kate Parsons, along with John and Dorothy Bagwell, purchased the Berkeley Realty and Investment Company and its 700-acre property.

For many years, Lake Berkeley was primarily a summer retreat, with an assortment of fishing cottages mingling with a slowly growing number of permanent homes. The health of the lake was guarded by a small, but tenacious, core of residents, each lending their expertise and time.